Why We Still Love Lucy – Tuesday, October 29, 2012
- Idea: In this event we will pay homage to one of the greatest woman comediennes of all time – Lucille Ball. We will show a slide presentation about Lucy’s life and show some clips of her slide-splitting shows. We will have movie-like snacks as we watch the show.
- Recommended Books: Autobiography entitled Love, Lucy. The San Francisco Chronicle called it “An intensely moving autobiography…it sparkles with Lucy’s wit and ever-present vitality.”
- Other books are: The Great Clowns of American Television; and
TV Comedians by Gary Poole.
- Venue: Fremont Main Library, Fukaya Room B
- Date: October 29, 2012, 7:00 to 8:30
- Leader: Sandy Cashmark will read the words of the famous redhead (Sandy is a famous redhead in her own right); Shirley Gilbert will show a slide show depicting the life of Lucy and we’ll show some clips from her shows.
- Team: Shirley Gilbert, Florence Silver, Jo Szeto, Kris Sandoe, Sandy Cashmark and Kathy Garfinkle.
- Read about the Lucille Ball program.