The next scheduled meeting is Thursday, January 9, 2020, at Dash Coffee & Bakery at 44047 Osgood Road, #210, at 1pm. Meetings of the Foundation Board are held Quarterly.
The Fremont Area AAUW Foundation for Local Scholarships allows the Fremont Branch to collect tax deductible donations necessary to fund our mission of providing educational opportunities to further gender equity.
The Foundation uses these funds to finance educational programs of the AAUW Fremont Branch ensuring our commitment to advancing gender equity in education, and ultimately increasing financial security for young women in Southern Alameda County.
The Foundation awards scholarships toward: * College Tuition for students from Ohlone College transferring to a four year program. * College Fees and expenses for continuing Ohlone Students with financial need. * Tech Trek, a week-long summer STEM Education program created by AAUW and held at Camp Curie/Stanford University for talented middle school girls. * STEM Discovery Days geared for elementary school aged girls and their mothers endeavors to reach our girls early and keep them interested in these fields. * Pathways to Law, encouraging young women to pursue careers in the legal field. * Pathways to STEM, keeping our girls engaged in STEM programming with mentorship and leadership opportunities.
Ways to Donate:
- Mail a check payable to Fremont Area AAUW Foundation for Local Scholarships to P.O. Box 8254, Fremont, CA 94538. (Simple, no fees.)
- Paypal “Donate” button on this website: https://fremont-ca.aauw.net/ No PayPal account needed on the part of the donor. (The Foundation incurs a fee through PayPal, but gets the funds almost immediately.)
- With credit card (PayPal Here) – contact Kim Mathis, email@example.com 510-552-3155. (The Foundation incurs a fee through PayPal, but gets the funds almost immediately.)
- PayPal Giving Page: www.paypal.com/us/fundraiser/charity/1512581 – This link goes directly to our Giving Page. You must have a PayPal account to donate with this method. Donations made by the 15th of the month will be received by us around the 25th of that month. Otherwise, payment will be received the following month. There is no fee to our Foundation for funds received this way (through the charity, PayPal Giving Fund)
- Amazon Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/94-3231306 > Use this entry to Amazon to purchase your (eligible) items and our Foundation will receive a small percentage. If you go to the regular Amazon page it will not work.
- Corporate Matching: If applicable, check with your employer for their policies on matching donations to charities (dollars and/or volunteer time). Many firms use a 3rd party to handle these donations. For example, Intel uses www.Benevity.com to process the matching requests of its employees. Don’t wait until the end of the year to make these donations! Sometimes the corporations’ allotted funds will be gone towards the end of the year.
Current Board Members (Five members per the bylaws):
Avis Kresin – President
Carolyn Hedgecock – Secretary
Kim Mathis – Chief Financial Officer
Fahria Khan – Development Officer
Letha Saldanha – Programs Officer
For general information contact : AAUWFremontBranch@gmail.com
Please contact Kim Mathis, firstname.lastname@example.org, 510-552-3155 with any questions regarding our donation programs. Entity: A 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation. EIN: 94-3231306; Fiscal Year: 7/1/2019 to 6/30/2020