The World of the Stand-Up Comedian – January 22, 2013
- Idea: In this session we explore the world of stand-up comedy. We will hire a local stand-up comic to do 30 minutes of comedy. The next 30 minutes we can ask her/him questions about what it’s like to be a stand up comic. This could be done in the library by creating a coffee shop setting.
- Books to Read: Jerry Seinfeld’s book Seinfeld Language, Steve Martin’s Born Standing: A Comic’s Life, and Tina Fey’s Bossy Pants.
- Venue: Fremont Main Library
- Leader: The stand up comedian will lead this session – or someone locally who has studied stand up comedy. There are several Stand Up comedy centers in the Bay Area: ComedySportz, Improv Comedy Fremont, Mountain View, Comedy Nights, and The Minorities Up to name a few.
- Team: Shirley Gilbert, Kathy Garfinkle, Genevieve Angelides, Florence Silver.
- Read about our stand-up comedy night.
Back to Lots of Laughter Page